Duration: November 2008 – August 2009
Budget Project: € 250.000,00
Beneficiary: National Environmental Guard: national, regional and county Commissariats.
The National Environmental Guard (NEG) is a specialized body, under the subordination of the Ministry of Environment and Water Management, for inspection and control with a specific statute and responsibilities for the implementation of the Government environmental policy. NEG through inspection and control activities ensures the compliance with legal legislation provisions in the field of environmental protection (forestry, fisheries, game, waters, soil, air, biodiversity and industrial pollution control and risk management).
Better enforcement of the environment law at the EU border due to adequate measures of inspection and control on IPPC, nature protection and water management implemented by NEG’s administration structures.
Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of National Environmental Guard inspection and control measures for enforcement the environmental legislation in the field on IPPC, water and nature protection areas at EU border.
1. Human Resources Development measures related to objective – including evaluation of staff performances carried out;
2. Local trainers/commissioners prepared through ”train-the-trainers” module – for enforcement of environmental legislation at EU Border through inspection and control activities and juridical measure;
3. Based on TNA Report, training courses addressed to NEG’s commissioners, using joint teams of consultants and local trainers – prepared within “train-the-trainers” module – organized and delivered;
4. Practical trials and field missions on EU border (Danube Delta and Black Sea) for enforcement of environmental legislation performed;
5. Information on NEG functions and commissioners’ role in inspection and control activities disseminated to project stakeholders, industrial operators and mass-media – including legal framework and penalties.
1. Establishing Human Resources Development measures related to objective – including evaluation of staff performances:
2. To prepare local trainers through “train-the-trainer” module for enforcement of environmental legislation at EU Border through inspection and control activities and juridical measure:
3. Organizing and delivery of training courses using joint teams of consultants and local trainers, in line with TNA, Training Programme and Curricula provisions.
4. Performing two practical trials/field missions at EU border for enforcement of environmental legislation:
– Missions in protected areas – one mission in Danube Delta Biosphere Reservation and one in the Romanian’s Black Sea territorial water and coast.
5. Dissemination of information on NEG functions and commissioners role in inspection and control activities to project stakeholders, industrial operators and mass-media – including legal framework and penalties.